Mission Statement of Touro College Berlin
Touro College Berlin aims at providing educational opportunities for the development of knowledge and skills that will enable students to succeed in a world of social and technological change. We continually aspire to improve our academic standards while creating a nurturing and tolerant atmosphere.
Goals of Touro College Berlin
- To promote the study of liberal arts and other disciplines, and to provide for an environment of academic excellence.
- To enhance critical thinking and foster communicative skills.
- To promote the development of students' analytical competencies and to prepare them for today's technological society.
- To develop leadership skills and teach ethical values.
- To further students' professional interests and aspirations.
- To perpetuate and enrich students' appreciation of our Jewish heritage by teaching Jewish studies.
- To provide educational opportunities for diverse segments of the Jewish and non-Jewish population which might otherwise not have access to high-quality education.
- To foster a richer understanding and appreciation of the students' own heritage and the heritage of others, and to work towards a harmonious relationship between different cultural, religious, and ethnical groups - particularly in the greater Berlin metroppolitan community.
- To establish international programs that strengthen amity and cultural ties worldwide.
- To create a learning environment which is characterized by a sense of community and which promotes mutual respect among students, faculty, and staff.
Our non-discrimination policy
Touro College treats all employees, students, and applicants without unlawful consideration or discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition, gender identity, sexual orientation or citizen status in all decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, the administration of its educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to the Equal Opportunities Officer at Touro College Berlin, Christiane Hergert, Touro College Berlin, Campus Am Rupenhorn, Am Rupenhorn 5, 14055 Berlin, phone +49 (0)30 – 300 686 20, e-mail christiane.hergert(at)touroberlin.de